Kingfisher Animal Boarding, formerly known as DJ's Animal Boarding, offers a complete animal boarding service. Following a change in ownership in 2019, the new owners of the business are passionate about creating a stress-free, friendly and fun environment so that time with us is like a holiday for each and every animal. We are committed to ensuring that all of our visitors are stimulated, exercised, well fed and very carefully looked after. We are continually investing into facility improvements, training and new enrichment ideas to ensure that our guests’ stay is safe and enjoyable. As animal owners ourselves, we understand that every animal is a not just a number, but a valued member of your family who deserves care and attention at all times.
Licence No. 21/00201
Lisa & Duncan Fisher
As restrictions have eased, we are pleased to announce that we are once again open for business. In addition to overnight boarding, we now offer day boarding. Whilst overnight boarding prices can be found below, day boarding prices are dependent on hours and frequency, so please enquire for further details should you be interested in this option.
In order to protect our customers, guests and staff, in addition to our existing (and ongoing) Level 3 Kennel and Cattery Management qualifications, we have completed a number of training courses such as the Disease Controls for Pet Professionals (Pet Industry Federation).
In addition, we have implemented a number of control measures that we kindly ask visitors observe at all times:
Time slots of 30 minutes are now allocated to drop off/collect your pet.
On arrival please leave your pet in your vehicle and make your way to our office to complete paperwork / payment.
We are unable to accept cash at this present time, so please be prepared to pay by other means.
Please use the hand sanitizer stations located onsite by the front door and office desk.
A member of our team will discuss your preferred method to collect your pet from you to ensure that social distancing and proper hygiene measures are observed at all times.
Please inform us before arrival if your pet is arriving from a Coronavirus infected household. They are more than welcome and will be housed in an isolation unit for three days to ensure no virus retains on your pet. If appropriate your dog may be bathed - we will discuss this with you on a 1.1 basis.
As always, please ensure to review the Vaccinations section below to ensure that your pet's vaccination status complies with regulatory rules before visiting.
Rest assured, whilst this seems like a lot of rules, we continue to engage with all our guests just as normal to ensure that every stay is both enjoyable and relaxing! Please do not hesitate to get in touch using our contact details or website form (both found below) if you have any further questions.
Put Your Pets First
The Best for Your Pet
There are 2 kennel blocks, which can accommodate up to 31 dogs. All the kennels have their own outside runs and
are individually heated. The dogs are regularly walked on lead around our beautiful and extensive grounds. We
stock a variety of food options suitable for a range of dog breeds and sizes.
A Stress-Free Experience
We have a small cattery unit with 6 runs which can cater for up to 12 cats. All the runs have their own inside, heated cabin and an outside play area. We provide comfy bedding and a variety of enrichment items such as scratching posts and toys to break up the day. We take every measure to ensure that cats can enjoy a calm, stress-free and engaging stay.
SMALL MAMMALS AND BIRDS
Plenty of Love and Attention
Our dedicated small animal section provides a safe place for small animals such as rabbits and guinea pigs to come and stay but still enjoy the freedom of their own run. We can also cater for birds, and are happy to try and accommodate any other unusual pets.
Cost per day
Small Dog - £19.50
Medium Dog - £20.50
Large Dog - £21.50
Day Boarding - Please call to enquire
Cats single rate - £10.00
Sharing rate - £16.50
We board: Parrots, tortoises
Rabbits, guinea pigs, chickens
Please contact the office for prices
Ensuring A Safe Place for Our Furry Friends
As the health and safety of all our guests is of paramount importance, it is important that all of our guests are vaccinated well in advance of their visit. We also require that you advise us of any long-standing and current health issues when registering your pet. We are more than happy to administer any medicine or specialist diet that your pet has been prescribed, please ensure provide a sufficient supply to last the duration of your pets stay.
- We insist that all dogs have current vaccinations against ;- Distemper (D), Adenovirus (hepatitis) (H), Parvovirus (P), Para influenza (Pi), Leptospirosis, (L) and Infectious bronchitis (kennel Cough) (KC).
- Distmeper, hepatistis and pavoriirus vaccines to be administered at least every three years.
- Leptospirosis, parainfluenza and kennel cough need to be repeated yearly.
- New Vaccinations: will need to have been administered and completed the course at least 2 weeks before boarding.
- New Kennel Cough Vaccinations: to be administered at least 2 weeks before boarding.
- Vaccination Annual Boosters: to be administered within 12 months of previously completed vaccinations, and administered at least 2 weeks before boarding.
- Kennel Cough Annual Boosters: must be administered at least 2 weeks before boarding.
- Dogs Must Arrive Wearing Collars with the name and address of the owner on it or on a tag attached to it.
Vaccination certificate for (Cat)s must show:
- An up-to-date veterinary vaccination record must be seen to ensure that cats have current vaccinations against feline parvovirus also known as feline infectious enteritis, feline panleukopenia and against feline respiratory viruses (feline herpesvirus and feline calicivirus).
- Booster vaccination: to have taken place within the last 12 months, at least 2 weeks before commencement of stay.
- New inoculations will need to have been administered and course completed at least 2 weeks prior to the commencement of stay.
- We request that rabbits are vaccinated against Myxomatosis, Rabbit Viral Haemorrhagic Disease (R(V)HD) and the new form of (R(V)HD)2.
All vaccine cards to be signed off by a qualified Veterinary Surgeon.
Rabbits, Guinea Pigs and Hamsters
- We recommend that all rabbits, guinea pigs and hamsters are treated with a “Spot-on” product, such as Rear Guard, to reduce the risk of fly strike prior to boarding with us
Please note, any pet found to not have the correct vaccinations on arrival will be turned away, this is a license rule set by the IW Council. If your pet is found to have fleas or worms this may incur an extra cost for bathing and vet care.
Come and Play
Monday 9:00 - 12:00 3:00 - 5:30
Tuesday 9:00 - 12:00 3:00 - 5:30
Wednesday 9:00 - 12:00
Thursday 9:00 - 12:00 3:00 - 5:30
Friday 9:00 - 12:00 3:00 - 5:30
Saturday 9:00 - 12:00 3:00 - 5:30
Sunday 9:00 - 12:00
All viewings, drop offs and collections are by appointment only.
We are open Sunday Hours on Bank Holidays.
We are closed for drop off and collection on Dec 25th, 26th, Jan 1st and Easter Sunday.